COVID-19 numbers in Peel Region continue downward trend
Peel Region is showing its fifth straight day of declining new cases of COVID-19.
According to Government of Ontario data, Peel has 373 new cases today (Dec. 1). The daily trend downward began the day after a record 572 cases was reported on November 26.
Since then, each day has seen the number of new cases at 517, 516, 503, 390 and today’s 373.
In Peel, there are currently 4,298 active cases that are being dealt with by healthcare professionals. Since the pandemic began, 374 people have died here as a result of the virus.
Meanwhile, across Ontario there are 1,707 of new cases reported today. The most are in Toronto with 727 new cases. York Region has 168 cases. Case counts for other areas are not yet available today.
In Ontario there are 645 people hospitalized because of COVID-19, 185 are in intensive care units and 112 people are being ventilated. In the past day the virus has killed seven people in Ontario.
Numbers released by Queen’s Park differ from those given by Peel’s health department because of the way information is collected and the timeframe of the reporting period. As well, Peel’s numbers are typically two days behind Ontario’s reporting period.
- Ontario reports lowest COVID numbers since October as Peel Region stays under 200 cases today
- Ontario sees significant drop in new COVID-19 cases today, Peel Region numbers remain steady
- Peel Region has highest number of new COVID-19 cases in Ontario today
- New COVID numbers show Peel Region over 300 new cases today
- Peel Region follows provincial downward trend in new COVID-19 cases
- Drugs found at kids playland as 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga