Costco Set to Hike Membership Fees
Bad news, Costco shoppers.
The big-name brand is set to charge Canadian and American shoppers an extra $5 or $10 for their annual memberships.
The big box chain, which operates 94 locations in Canada (three of which are in Mississauga), recently announced that the membership fee increases will go into effect on June 1.
Now, all U.S. and Canada Goldstar, Business and Business add-on members will pay $60 a year. Annual fees for executive memberships will climb from $110 to $120, and the maximum annual two per cent reward associated with the membership will increase from $750 to $1,000.
While no one likes a cost increase—especially when it's passed down by a company that announced an eight per cent increase in sales in Canada—the uptick is modest and probably won't deter dedicated Costco shoppers looking for affordable bulk goods.
In the meantime, enjoy your cheaper membership while it lasts!
- A Restaurant That Suddenly Closed is Finally Reopening in Mississauga
- Doug Ford Gives Former Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion a New Job
- Mississauga Man Involved in Transport Truck Rollover in Milton
- Two Taken to Hospital After Condo Fire in Mississauga
- Driver Hospitalized After Collision in Mississauga
- Amazon Canada Launches Much Cheaper Monthly Prime Membership Plan
- New Payment Option Coming Soon to Costco Online
- #1 - VIDEO OF THE YEAR: Brawl Breaks Out in a Costco Parking Lot in Mississauga
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Closing All Locations in Canada
- Shoppers Drug Mart Applies to Start Legally Distributing Marijuana