Costco Set to Hike Membership Fees
Bad news, Costco shoppers.
The big-name brand is set to charge Canadian and American shoppers an extra $5 or $10 for their annual memberships.
The big box chain, which operates 94 locations in Canada (three of which are in Mississauga), recently announced that the membership fee increases will go into effect on June 1.
Now, all U.S. and Canada Goldstar, Business and Business add-on members will pay $60 a year. Annual fees for executive memberships will climb from $110 to $120, and the maximum annual two per cent reward associated with the membership will increase from $750 to $1,000.
While no one likes a cost increase—especially when it's passed down by a company that announced an eight per cent increase in sales in Canada—the uptick is modest and probably won't deter dedicated Costco shoppers looking for affordable bulk goods.
In the meantime, enjoy your cheaper membership while it lasts!
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend
- Amazon Canada Launches Much Cheaper Monthly Prime Membership Plan
- New Payment Option Coming Soon to Costco Online
- The Ford Government Proposes To Increase Driver Fees Year After Freezing Them
- Some fees and transit fares could increase in Mississauga
- Shoppers Drug Mart is Now Providing Same-Day Delivery Across Ontario