Costco Set to Hike Membership Fees
Bad news, Costco shoppers.
The big-name brand is set to charge Canadian and American shoppers an extra $5 or $10 for their annual memberships.
The big box chain, which operates 94 locations in Canada (three of which are in Mississauga), recently announced that the membership fee increases will go into effect on June 1.
Now, all U.S. and Canada Goldstar, Business and Business add-on members will pay $60 a year. Annual fees for executive memberships will climb from $110 to $120, and the maximum annual two per cent reward associated with the membership will increase from $750 to $1,000.
While no one likes a cost increase—especially when it's passed down by a company that announced an eight per cent increase in sales in Canada—the uptick is modest and probably won't deter dedicated Costco shoppers looking for affordable bulk goods.
In the meantime, enjoy your cheaper membership while it lasts!
- Amazon Canada Launches Much Cheaper Monthly Prime Membership Plan
- Costco launches same-day delivery service
- New Payment Option Coming Soon to Costco Online
- Costco Gives Priority Access to Healthcare Workers and First Responders
- The Ford Government Proposes To Increase Driver Fees Year After Freezing Them
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Peel’s top doctor says Mississauga’s lockdown could work in short-term, says more needs to be done long-term to address spread
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police