Costco Set to Hike Membership Fees
Bad news, Costco shoppers.
The big-name brand is set to charge Canadian and American shoppers an extra $5 or $10 for their annual memberships.
The big box chain, which operates 94 locations in Canada (three of which are in Mississauga), recently announced that the membership fee increases will go into effect on June 1.
Now, all U.S. and Canada Goldstar, Business and Business add-on members will pay $60 a year. Annual fees for executive memberships will climb from $110 to $120, and the maximum annual two per cent reward associated with the membership will increase from $750 to $1,000.
While no one likes a cost increase—especially when it's passed down by a company that announced an eight per cent increase in sales in Canada—the uptick is modest and probably won't deter dedicated Costco shoppers looking for affordable bulk goods.
In the meantime, enjoy your cheaper membership while it lasts!
- Amazon Canada Launches Much Cheaper Monthly Prime Membership Plan
- Costco launches same-day delivery service
- Mississauga residents will see two-per-cent increase to annual fee as part of 2021 Budget
- The Ford Government Proposes To Increase Driver Fees Year After Freezing Them
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- A power outage is in effect this morning in Mississauga
- 2 winning tickets for Saturday’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Heavy police presence responding to report of firearms in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: There's a Mississauga park in Japan with a replica city hall
- Not Pfizer but Moderna is the vaccine you will receive in Mississauga and Brampton this week