Construction project will bring dedicated bike lanes to Burlington’s Plains Road
Published June 17, 2022 at 10:41 am
A significant construction project has begun on Burlington’s Plains Rd.
The City of Burlington is installing a new protected bikeway and resurfacing much of the main artery from Spring Gardens Rd. to Waterdown Rd.
The following work has begun in the area:
- Asphalt cycle track from Spring Gardens Rd. to Waterdown Rd. on the north side of Plains Rd.
- Asphalt cycle track from Spring Gardens Rd. to Patricia Dr. and then transitioning to on-road protected bike lane to Waterdown Rd. on the south side of Plains Rd.
- Utility pole removal on the north side of Plains Rd.
- New streetlights on the north side of Plains Rd.
- Reconfigured signalized intersections at Gorton Ave., Daryl Dr. and Howard Rd.
- Rain garden at Howard Rd.
- Resurfacing of Plains Rd. at varying depths from Spring Gardens Rd. to Waterdown Rd.
- Spot curb and sidewalk repairs as needed.
- Driveway regrading where required to address driveway access issues (cars bottoming out)
The creation of the new, concrete cycle track along the north side of Plains Rd. is going to create some disturbances at many driveway entrances.
The City and the contractor will work with home owners and business owners to mitigate the restrictions in driveway access as much as possible.
Businesses will remain open during the construction.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising