Company creating two dozen new jobs in Mississauga
If you're a caretaker who is looking for work in Mississauga, you might be happy to hear that a company is creating 25 new jobs.
Home Instead in Mississauga recently announced that it's looking to fill part-time and full-time roles for up to 25 "CAREGiver" positions in the area.
The company says benefits include health insurance, paid vacations and holidays and referral bonuses.
From assisting with personal care and preparing meals to running errands and supporting mental wellbeing, workers will help seniors with simple tasks that enable them to remain in their homes.
The company says that Home Instead places each client with the CAREGiver to "ensure compatibility, companionship and friendship."
The news comes at a time when the country's economy remains on shaky ground amid the COVID-19 pandemic. In December 2020, Canada's economy lost more than 63,000 jobs.
"The demand for home care has grown exponentially over the last several years--and it continues to grow as more seniors isolate because of the pandemic," said Greg Bechard, owner of the Mississauga Home Instead office, in a statement.
"Hospitals and clinics are overwhelmed. Professional caregivers can serve as an extension of the healthcare system and play a critical role in keeping vulnerable Mississauga seniors safe and healthy in the place they call home."
The home care industry is expected to grow. According to the United Nations, the global population of people over the age of 65 is expected to triple to 426 million by the year 2050.
"Caregiving is simply doing things to enhance the quality of life for older adults and help keep them independent for as long as possible," Bechard said.
"We like to say that it takes a special person to become a Home Instead CAREGiver...not a special degree. It can be a rewarding career for individuals from every walk of life and age group."
To learn more, click here.
- Advocacy group urging province implement home care tax credit
- Company creating close to 300 new jobs in Mississauga
- Popular Home Goods Store Bringing Over 50 Jobs to Mississauga
- New long-term care home and hospice coming to Mississauga
- Here's Why The Ontario Government Is Consulting with Seniors and Caregivers In Mississauga
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of March 1 to 5