Commuters Will Be Able to Order Groceries Online and Pick Up at GO Stations
It’s grocery shopping while on the GO.
A new e-commerce program - the first of its kind in Canada - is making its debut in Mississauga and Oakville.
Commuters across the Greater Toronto Area will soon be able to order groceries for pick up at a GO Transit station.
The partnership between Loblaw Companies and Metrolinx was announced on Monday.
Dubbed PC Express, the service is being offered in five GO Transit stations along the Lakeshore line: Bronte, Oakville, Clarkson, Rouge Hill, and Whitby this spring.
Here’s how it works: The service will allow commuters to pre-order groceries online for pick up during their next day’s commute.
Customers who place an online web or app order by midnight will have the option of selecting from five PC Express pickup locations within GO Transit stations for their next-day, homebound pick-up site.
Depending on location, the groceries will come from nearby Fortinos or Loblaws stores and will be waiting in a special delivery truck, in lockers or in an enclosed kiosk.
Once rolled out, it’s expected to expand in phases to additional sites in the region.
“This is a logical extension of our increasingly popular e-commerce services, and the growing customer appeal for ordering groceries online and picking them up when it’s most convenient,” said Loblaw senior VP of e-commerce Jeremy Pee.
“With PC Express pick up locations we’re giving customers and commuters the best brands and products we have to offer, easy online ordering, and some time back in their day.”
The new service follows Loblaw’s click-and-collect model, where customers can order online and pick up in a growing list of more than 200 stores nationwide.
- Walmart opens brand new facility in Mississauga
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- VIDEO: aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
- Popular gourmet American doughnut shop opening first Ontario location in Mississauga
- Groceries are Coming to Select GO Stations in Mississauga
- Loblaws expands online offerings beyond groceries
- Major Online Delivery Service Launches in Mississauga
- LCBO Online Ordering System Faltering in Mississauga (and Beyond)
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga