Community Police Station Officially Closing in Mississauga
A community police station in Mississauga is set to close tomorrow.
Peel Regional Police recently reminded residents that the Malton Community Station, which was recently found to be an inefficient use of resources, is closing on Wednesday, Feb. 28.
"Peel Regional Police are committed to providing quality service to residents and business owners through fiscal responsibility and service efficiencies," police said in a statement.
In 2017, a review was conducted to examine the effectiveness of the community stations that support the operational divisions throughout the region. It was determined that the Malton Community Station was no longer being used to its potential, so plans were made to shutter the facility.
Police say the station will be closed to the public from now on, but will continue to be used as a sub-station by officers.
"The closure of this station will not affect services provided by the operational divisions," police say. "Residents and business owners will continue to have convenient access to police service in at our divisions, community stations, in person, online or via telephone twenty four hours per day."
Three officers and one civilian member will be reassigned to other areas within the organization.
Chief Evans stated: "We at the Peel Regional Police are continually examining how we deliver service to members of our community," says Peel police Chief Jennifer Evans. "We seek ways to enhance public safety, mindful of our commitment to fiscal responsibility. This redeployment of staff helps achieve our mission of providing innovative and effective policing to ensure a safe environment to live, work and visit."
Local residents who might have visited the station for non-urgent matters are encouraged to report non-emergency incidents online at www.peelpolice.ca.
- A Police Station is Set to Close Down in Mississauga
- Chief Jennifer Evans Re-Appointed Chief of Peel Regional Police
- Opening of new Mississauga police station delayed due to COVID-19 outbreak
- A new police station is now open in Mississauga
- Here’s when a new police station will be opening in Mississauga
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga