CLOSURE: Amazon warehouses in Mississauga and Brampton closed due to COVID-19
Peel Public Health is reporting two new closures of Amazon facilities today (May 21) due to high numbers of COVID-19 cases.
Amazon Fulfillment Centre YYZ-1 at 6363 Millcreek Drive in Mississauga and Amazon Fulfillment Centre YYZ-3 at 7995 Winston Churchill Boulevard in Brampton have both been partially closed.
A full closure applies to an entire workplace premises, while a partial closure may apply to a mass dismissal of a shift or work area.
Peel Public Health recently began naming and closing workplaces in Mississauga and Brampton with five or more cases of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days. Affected businesses will need to close for at least 10 days.
Businesses will have to close if it’s determined that the cases were acquired at work or if no obvious source of infection has been identified outside of the workplace.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- BREAKING: Peel Public Health orders closures of Amazon facilities in Brampton and Caledon
- Four businesses forced to close in Mississauga and Brampton due to COVID-19: May 16 to 22
- All four Amazon fulfillment centres in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon under partial COVID closure
- Two Brampton and Caledon Amazon fulfillment centres partially closed by health department
- 14 businesses that closed in Mississauga and Brampton due to COVID-19: April 24 to 30
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Popular Hamilton pizza and pasta restaurant coming to Mississauga