Cineplex reopening a movie theatre in Mississauga
Cineplex just announced that it’s reopening 25 theatres across Ontario tomorrow (Friday, July 31), including the movie theatre located at 309 Rathburn Rd. W. (right near Square One) in Mississauga.
The brand is also reopening its Winston Churchill theatre in Oakville, which is located right near the Mississauga border.
In a news release, the company said it’s taking a phased approach to reopening and expects that the majority of its locations will reopen over the next several weeks, including its 43 other theatre locations across Ontario.
The following Cineplex, Playdium and Rec Room locations will reopen tomorrow:
- Galaxy Cinemas Barrie, Barrie
- Cineplex Cinemas Hamilton Mountain, Hamilton
- Cineplex Odeon Gardiners Road Cinemas, Kingston
- Cineplex Cinemas Kitchener and VIP, Kitchener
- SilverCity London Cinemas, London
- The Rec Room (CF Masonville Place), London
- Cineplex Cinemas Milton, Milton
- SilverCity Newmarket Cinemas, Newmarket
- Cineplex Odeon Niagara Square Cinemas, Niagara Falls
- Cineplex Cinemas Winston Churchill & VIP, Oakville
- Cineplex Odeon Oshawa Cinemas, Oshawa
- Scotiabank Theatre Ottawa, Ottawa
- Cineplex Cinemas Ottawa, Ottawa
- Cineplex Cinemas Pickering and VIP, Pickering
- Cineplex Cinemas Empress Walk, Toronto
- Cineplex Cinemas Mississauga, Toronto
- Cineplex Cinemas Queensway & VIP, Toronto
- Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Eglinton and VIP, Toronto
- Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas and VIP, Toronto
- Cineplex Cinemas Yorkdale, Toronto
- Cineplex Odeon Eglinton Town Centre Cinemas, Toronto
- The Rec Room (Roundhouse), Toronto
- SilverCity Richmond Hill, Richmond Hill
- SilverCity Sudbury Cinemas, Sudbury
- Galaxy Cinemas Waterloo, Waterloo
- Playdium, Whitby
- Cineplex Cinemas Vaughan, Woodbridge
The company says all theatres will open with enhanced safety and cleaning measures as well as updated procedures to allow for physical distancing both inside and outside auditoriums.
“Across all its businesses, Cineplex is implementing best practices and learnings from global counterparts as well as working in partnership with leading public health and infectious disease experts to maximize safety precautions for all team members and guests,” the company said in a news release.
Some of these new measures include:
- Launching reserved seating in all auditoriums across Canada; seating options will be automatically blocked off to ensure proper distance in every direction between guests
- Reducing capacity in all auditoriums to allow for physical distancing
- Enhancing cleaning practices throughout its facilities, with particular focus on high-contact surfaces, restrooms and seats
- Accepting debit and credit payments only, with the exception of gift card purchases
- Limiting food offerings in theatres to Cineplex's famous popcorn and other core concessions
- Limiting food offerings at locations of The Rec Room
- Ensuring employees have the personal protective equipment they need
- Making hand sanitizer readily available for guests and employees throughout its buildings
- Keeping VIP Cinemas and the play structures in Clubhouse auditoriums closed for now
- In communities where it is mandated, Cineplex requiring guests to wear masks inside the theatre
"The past four months have given us a new appreciation for the importance of friends and family and the power of shared experiences with those we love," said Ellis Jacob, President and CEO, Cineplex, in a statement.
"Entertaining is what we do best, and we simply can't wait to safely welcome guests back to our theatres, The Rec Room and Playdium for some much-deserved entertainment, fun and escape."
Cineplex says it will be offering $5 tickets and showing popular new releases and popular older films such as Beauty and the Beast, Jaws, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Invisible Man, Bloodshot, Sonic The Hedgehog, My Spy, Jurassic Park, Gravity and Jumanji: The Next Level.
- Cineplex reopening cinemas in Brampton, Mississauga, Hamilton, Halton, and Ontario starting next week
- Cineplex to reopen all movie theatres on Aug. 21
- Hamilton, Oakville indie cinemas get reopening grants
- Raptor’s Games Will be Shown at Some Movie Theatres in Mississauga
- Harry Potter Returns to the Big Screen in Theatres Near Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- Hamilton power outage affecting over 400 homes and businesses
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising