Cheese Shop Expanding in Food District in Square One in Mississauga
We've said it before and we'll say it again—when one door closes, another one often opens.
Square One's newly-opened Food District, which was part of an ambitious $580 million redevelopment that also brought the Cineplex-owned Rec Room, Uniqlo and Indigo into the shopping centre, finally opened its doors in April 2019 and has been booming ever since.
The almost 40,000 sq. ft. location is thriving—it even welcomed Toronto Raptor Serge Ibaka for its first ever night market event—and drawing crowds with its mix of sit-down and quick-service vendors and food-related activities.
However, some shoppers might be disappointed to hear that Seed to Sausage, the Food District's resident butcher shop and purveyor of locally-made, artisanal cured meats, has closed.
Square One confirmed that the vendor closed up shop on July 31.
While some might be sad to see it go, shoppers should take comfort in the fact that Sabana Cheese will be expanding their offerings and moving into the space on Aug. 1.
Sabana is an Ontario-based, artisan-style, Latin cheese maker that uses fresh Ontario cow's milk to make cheeses such as queso fresco, queso blanco, and queso cotija, following Latin traditions.
The vendor says its products are hand-made and hand-stirred in an old-fashioned way.
Will you be checking out the newly-expanded Sabana soon?
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About the Brand New Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- Celebrities Set to Appear at the Grand Opening of the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here's Some of the Food Coming to Square One's Food District in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Sneak Peek at the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- 5 Most Anticipated Restaurants Coming to the Food District in Square One in Mississauga