Charges Laid in Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
Four people have been charged in connection with a hit-and-run where a 61-year-old woman was struck and killed in Mississauga last week.
The incident happened at 8:40 p.m. on Thursday, February 15. Layla Wilke, 61, was crossing Mavis Road in the area of Knotty Pine Grove when she was hit by a car.
Wilke suffered major injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The vehicle, a small white car, did not remain on the scene.
On Saturday February 17 just before 7 p.m., police say that Satchithanantha Vaithilingam, a 60-year-old male from Brampton, surrendered to police at 22 division. The suspect, who police also say was the driver, has been charged with fail to remain causing death.
The suspect will answer to his charge on March 12.
Hivissa Satchitananthan, a 25-year-old woman from Brampton, Shajeetha Satchitananthan, a 28-year-old woman from Brampton, and Gowtham Satkunarajah, a 28-year-old male from Brampton, have each been charged with accessory after the fact.
The suspects will respond to their charges on March 26.
- Male Arrested After Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
- Police Identify Victim Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Identify Man Arrested in Connection With Crash That Killed 22-Year-Old Woman
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer
- BREAKING: Mississauga Woman Charged with Second Degree Murder After Fatal Stabbing
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- York Region shares list of box stores fined over violations of COVID-19 rules
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police