Charges Laid in Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
Four people have been charged in connection with a hit-and-run where a 61-year-old woman was struck and killed in Mississauga last week.
The incident happened at 8:40 p.m. on Thursday, February 15. Layla Wilke, 61, was crossing Mavis Road in the area of Knotty Pine Grove when she was hit by a car.
Wilke suffered major injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The vehicle, a small white car, did not remain on the scene.
On Saturday February 17 just before 7 p.m., police say that Satchithanantha Vaithilingam, a 60-year-old male from Brampton, surrendered to police at 22 division. The suspect, who police also say was the driver, has been charged with fail to remain causing death.
The suspect will answer to his charge on March 12.
Hivissa Satchitananthan, a 25-year-old woman from Brampton, Shajeetha Satchitananthan, a 28-year-old woman from Brampton, and Gowtham Satkunarajah, a 28-year-old male from Brampton, have each been charged with accessory after the fact.
The suspects will respond to their charges on March 26.
- Male Arrested After Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
- Hamilton woman charged after 5-year-old suffered "life-threatening" injuries in a collision
- Police Identify Victim Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Brampton man and 14-year-old face charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Suspect sought after 60 year old woman injured in Brampton hit-and-run
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- India extends own flight ban disrupting travel plans for those in Mississauga and Brampton
- Hudson's Bay may be in 'shirt' over a taboo typo in Canada
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga