Changes Coming to Specific Bus Routes in Mississauga
People don't always associate suburban life with public transportation, but buses are crucially important for getting people from point A to point B and a wide range of residents depend on them—especially in Mississauga.
For that reason, some commuters should note that a major route has been revised and three others cancelled.
A new route has also been added.
The City of Mississauga says that starting on July 1, MiWay will make changes to two major routes in Malton.
The city says the changes should improve the commuter experience overall.
"These changes will give customers more service hours, better connections to transit hubs, direct routing and reflect the MiWay Five Transit Service Plan service commitment to enhance customer experience," the city said in a news release.
The affected routes include 11 Westwood, 11A Westwood-Nashua and 11B Westwood-Darcel
The major changes can be seen below:
For a complete list of service improvements, click here.
For those who plan on commuting over the long weekend, note that MiWay will operate on a holiday schedule on July 1. Late night trips will be added for the Canada Day celebrations at Mississauga Celebration Square.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Fatal collision involving stolen truck takes down hydro wires; major Mississauga intersection closed
- Police searching for missing nine-year-old boy from Mississauga