Changes Coming to MiWay Services and GO Connections Soon
If you're a regular transit user, there are some changes set to come into effect over the long weekend that you might want to be aware of.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that, starting Sept. 4, MiWay will be rolling out more service and improved connections on several routes across the city as part of the MiWay 5 Service Plan (2016-2020).
The changes include more frequent and new Sunday service, as well as improved GO connections on the Mississauga Transitway.
GO Transit will also begin travelling on the east segment of the transitway from Skymark Hub (Airport Corporate Centre), stopping at Dixie Station before continuing on to Square One GO Bus Terminal.
Riders should also note that a few routes are being cancelled.
According to the city, MiWay will be scrapping the 315 - Rick Hansen-City Centre route and the 332 - Mount Carmel-Lisgar GO route due to low ridership.
The service changes include:
This is the second year of the five-year plan that will shift buses to a grid network and expand MiWay service.
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity
- Canada Post reports more cases of COVID found at Mississauga's Gateway facility