Championship Welland ball club raised thousands for charity during season
Published September 21, 2023 at 3:07 pm
When the Welland Jackfish won the Intercounty Baseball League championship on Saturday (Sept. 16), they instantly became hometown heroes.
However, the truth is the 2023 Dominico Cup Champions have been heroes all season long, raising thousands for charity.
“From collecting donations to honouring our frontline heroes, to helping charities and non-for-profits, we did our best to use fun to make a difference in our community,” said the team in a release.
“We have so many community programs to help facilitate amazing things with help from our fans and sponsors.”
The following is a list of some of the ways the Jackfish have contributed to the community:
- $52,366 raised for Crimestoppers of Niagara through the 2023 season 50/50 draws
- $3,880 raised for Ronald McDonald House Charity through the Strikeout for Families Campaign
- 116 VIP tickets donated to honour frontline workers
- $1,000 donated to youth baseball organizations
- $2,838 raised for Youth Baseball teams through our The Challenge campaign
- $3,102 raised from Welland Roses Jersey Auction in support of Hospice Niagara
- Donated over $500 in used equipment to youth baseball in Panama
Since moving here from Burlington four years ago, the Jackfish have donated or helped raise a total of $114,264 for community groups.
The team says it will continue these community partnerships and look for even more ways to give back to the community.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising