CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Tactical Units Take Down Murder Suspect in Mississauga
Two men are facing charges in connection with a fatal shooting that took place at a Mississauga strip club earlier in the summer.
The two men, one of whom is from Mississauga, are suspects in the Region of Peel’s 10th homicide of the year.
Peel police report that on Thursday, June 29 at 2:40 a.m., officers responded to a shooting at the Diamonds Cabaret adult entertainment club on Dundas Street East. When police arrived on scene, they located a male suffering from gunshot wounds.
The victim was transported to a local hospital but later succumbed to his injuries. He was identified as 27-year-old Mississauga man Raimzhan Tokhtabayev.
In the early morning hours of Thursday, Aug. 24, 20-year-old Toronto man Elias Gibb was arrested in his residence without incident by Peel police in relation to the murder.
Later that evening, tactical and K9 units arrested the second suspect, 23-year-old Mississauga man Christopher Anderson, in the Webb Drive and Duke of York area in Mississauga.
Gibb has been charged with first degree murder and will appear in court on Friday, Aug. 25. Anderson has been charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder and will appear in court on Friday, Aug. 25 as well.
Anyone with further information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
You can see a video of the dramatic arrest below, courtesy of insauga.com reader Ali Neil.
- Police Arrest Woman in Connection with High-Profile Murder Investigation
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Police Arrest Two Men in Connection With Murder of Mississauga Man
- BREAKING: Man Arrested in Connection with Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- Mississauga's “first and only outdoor picnic and beer garden experience" now open
- Toronto strip club employee may have exposed up to 550 to COVID-19: officials
- Police responding to child hanging from rail of balcony in Mississauga
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- A fast food chain has had to close 40 locations amid the COVID-19 pandemic