CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of vehicle theft and rollover in Mississauga
Two people have been hospitalized after an attempted vehicle theft led to a rollover in the area of Eglinton Avenue West and Guilewood Way.
Police say a male resident was warming up his vehicle when a male suspect attempted to steal it and flee.
The victim attempted to stop the suspect and was dragged a short distance by the vehicle before the vehicle eventually flipped over.
The suspect is in custody for vehicle theft and was taken to local hospital. The victim was taken to trauma centre.
The extent of both their injuries is currently unknown.
Police were called for this incident at 10:00 a.m.
The intersection remains closed in all directions as the investigation continues.
- Police investigating vehicle theft in Mississauga
- Vehicle rollover causes closure of intersection in Mississauga
- Man charged with attempted murder after firing at vehicle in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect following attempted armed robbery in Mississauga
- Victim dragged a short distance in Brampton carjacking
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases