CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of vehicle theft and rollover in Mississauga
Two people have been hospitalized after an attempted vehicle theft led to a rollover in the area of Eglinton Avenue West and Guilewood Way.
Police say a male resident was warming up his vehicle when a male suspect attempted to steal it and flee.
The victim attempted to stop the suspect and was dragged a short distance by the vehicle before the vehicle eventually flipped over.
The suspect is in custody for vehicle theft and was taken to local hospital. The victim was taken to trauma centre.
The extent of both their injuries is currently unknown.
Police were called for this incident at 10:00 a.m.
The intersection remains closed in all directions as the investigation continues.
- Police investigating vehicle theft in Mississauga
- Vehicle rollover causes closure of intersection in Mississauga
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Mississauga
- Driver Being Extracted From Vehicle Following Rollover Crash in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged With Attempted Carjacking
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Paramedics attending after male injured in shooting in Mississauga