CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of crash that left two dead and highway lanes closed for 24 hours
A fatal highway crash this morning has left two people dead and one in critical condition.
At 8:52 a.m., Mississauga OPP responded to a collision at Highway 401 and Winston Churchill.
According to OPP Sgt. Kevin Westhead, a Lexus SUV and Ford F-150 were travelling westbound when they collided, causing the F-150 to crash through the centre median and strike a Dodge Caravan.
Two males were pronounced dead at the scene. A third male was transported to Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto with critical injuries.
The centre median was significantly damaged.
All eastbound and westbound 401 lanes are currently closed. The fast lane and adjacent lane are expected to be closed for at least the next 24 hours as the Ministry of Transportation attends the scene and makes repairs to the centre median.
OPP says the closure could last longer — possibly the rest of the weekend — depending on the length of the initial investigation.
UPDATE (5:30 pm): Eastbound 401 lanes are now open.
- All lanes closed following highway crash on the 401 in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Serious crash closes all lanes on Highway 401 in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Woman Dead After Highway Collision in Mississauga
- Driver Dead After Overnight Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - December 1, 2020