Car Crash Leads to Gun-Related Charges in Mississauga
A Montreal man is facing firearm-related charges following a vehicle collision in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Monday, August 6 at approximately 6:00 a.m., officers responded to a report of a motor vehicle collision at Hurontario Street and Square One Drive.
Police allege that during the collision investigation, a firearm and several rounds of ammunition were located inside the vehicle.
The driver was subsequently arrested.
Police say 41-year-old Montreal man Adelard Maxis has been charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm, careless storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition, occupant of a motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm and more.
The accused was held for a bail hearing.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Police searching for missing nine-year-old boy from Mississauga
- Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Three Charged With Firearm-Related Offences in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga men arrested in connection with firearm-related offences
- 2 Charged After Mississauga Traffic Stop Leads to Gun, Drugs