Canadians taking on home renovation projects to enhance lifestyles: report
Did you complete (or at least start) a home renovation project during the last year?
A recent report from RE/MAX Canada found that a significant number of Canadians have undertaken a home-improvement project since the onset of the pandemic.
According to the findings, 29 per cent began renovations to enhance their lifestyle, while 29 per cent began renovations for essential reasons--such as safety or maintenance--and only 16 per cent did it to increase resale value.
However, while most took on projects for reasons other than resale value, 59 per cent said they always consider the return on investment these projects will have on their home's value.
“The notion of the home as an investment continues to be an important consideration for Canadian homeowners; however, they clearly value the home for what it is meant to be: a place to live and enjoy spending time,” Elton Ash, regional executive vice president for RE/MAX of Western Canada, said in a news release.
“The pandemic has influenced virtually every aspect of our lives, including what Canadians want and need in a home. The uncertainty also compelled many sellers to move to the sidelines or renovate their home to accommodate current quality-of-life needs, which has further tightened market conditions," he continued.
- Many homeowners taking on renovation projects during pandemic
- Home Renovations Down This Year In Canada
- Despite low interest rates, most Canadians not looking to sell their home
- Canadians forced to adapt their routines to accommodate staying at home
- Home prices up over 20 per cent in a year in Mississauga: report
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Peel Region reporting 784 new cases of COVID-19 in Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon—7.4 per cent decrease from previous day
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- 12 businesses that closed in Mississauga and Brampton due to COVID-19: May 1 to 7