Canadian Tire Corporation closing some stores, reducing hours for others
Canadian Tire Corporation has announced some stores will be reducing hours, while others will be closing.
According to a release, Mark’s/L’Equipeur, SportChek, Atmosphere, Party City, Pro Hockey Life, National Sports and PartSource will all be closed effective March 19 until April 2.
Additionally, Canadian Tire Retail will be reducing its hours of operation to allow for enhanced cleaning and restocking.
However, Gas+ locations will also remain open, with regular operating hours.
“Canadian Tire and our Associate Dealers have always been there to support their communities through emergencies and times of crisis, and for the last number of days, Canadians have turned to Canadian Tire Retail for the supplies they need to cope with the impact of COVID-19,” Greg Hicks, president and CEO of Canadian Tire Corporation, said in a news release.
“As we continue to adapt to the country’s fast-changing needs, we want to make sure we are doing everything we can to keep our stores open and support our team,” he continued.
While stores will be closed, Canadian Tire announced employees—both full- and part-time—who will be out of work will still be getting paid.
Hicks added: “Closing our retail stores that are not as essential is the right decision, helping to limit the spread of the virus.”
Further, Canadian Tire has also implemented stricter sanitary measures including making hand sanitizers and wipes available at all workstations and gathering spots, such as lunchrooms and waiting areas.
Moreover, to help assist those who are more susceptible to the virus, including the elderly, many Canadian Tire Associate Dealers are offering reserved shopping hours or setting aside inventory for pick-up.
Cover photo courtesy of @jakub.kopec’s Instagram
- LATEST: Ontario and Mississauga COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Two residents fined for using closed skate park in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga residents make some noise for healthcare workers
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 300 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Canadian Tire To Buy 65 Party City Stores For $174 Million
- The Beer Store reducing hours; not collecting empties
- Pier 1 files for bankruptcy protection, closing all Canadian stores
- Sobey’s installing plexiglass shields, reducing hours to fight COVID-19 spread
- LCBO Stores Offering Extended Hours in Mississauga