Canada-wide warrant issued for man with 'STEEL CITY' tattoo who frequents Hamilton
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) said Thursday (Mar. 26) it is requesting the public’s assistance in locating a federal offender who “frequents” Hamilton, Brantford, and Peterborough.
32-year-old Anthony Sears is wanted by The Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement (R.O.P.E.) Squad on a Canada Wide Warrant.
Sears is described as a 5-foot-10 and 190-pound Indigenous male with black hair and blue eyes.
Sears has several tattoos covering his entire body, which include the word “GOOBER” and a star on his neck; the word “CHLOE” and a rose on his left hand, and the imagery of a money bag on his right hand.
He also has the phrase “STEEL CITY” on his abdomen and tattoos in the area of his left eye.
Sears is currently serving a five-and-a-half-year sentence for Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death, Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm, and Possession of a Narcotic.
OPP says Sears breached his statutory release.
Federal offenders can be granted a statutory release, which requires sentenced inmates to serve the final third of their sentence in the community under the supervision of Correctional Services Canada.
Anyone having contact with this offender or information in regards to his whereabouts is asked to call 9-1-1 or contact the Provincial R.O.P.E. Squad at 1-866-870-7673 (ROPE).
Crimestoppers can also be contacted at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more
- Man charged in death of Burlington man at Cayuga racetrack
- It could be weeks before Mississauga sees the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots