Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Armed Kidnapping Suspect
York Regional Police are searching for a suspect involved in an armed kidnapping in Markham.
Shortly before 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 23, the victim, 22 year old Wanzhen Lu, and his friend were in an underground parking garage at a condominium building at 15 Water Walk Drive.
"Three men, one of whom was armed with a conductive energy weapon, exited a van and grabbed the victim. The victim was resisting and was shocked by the suspects," police say.
The suspects forced the victim into the van and fled the scene.
Lu was located shortly before 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday evening (March 26) in Gravenhurst, Ontario.
He was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
On Monday, April 1, police issued a Canada-wide arrest warrant for 37 year old Toronto man Abdullahi Adan.
Police are also continuing to search for the other three suspects involved in this incident.
Police say the first suspect was wearing a mask, blue pants, and black jacket. The second suspect, a 6’1 dark-skinned male, was wearing a black Canada Goose jacket. The third suspect, a 6’2 dark-skinned male with a heavier build, was wearing dark blue jeans with a black jacket. Lastly, the fourth suspect was wearing a green/yellow jacket with a hood.
Adan is believed to be the third suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call York Police at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7541.
Photos courtesy of York Regional Police
- UPDATE: Victim of Armed Kidnapping Located and Hospitalized
- Suspect in Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old Arrested in Peel
- UPDATE: Police Release Photos of Armed Kidnapping Suspects
- UPDATE: Police Locate Vehicle Used in Armed Kidnapping of 22 Year Old
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Trendy new ice cream hotspot now open in Streetsville in Mississauga
- Toy store with locations in Mississauga files for bankruptcy
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Mississauga passes mandatory mask bylaw