Canada Post unveils this year’s holiday-themed stamps
Now that Halloween is over, it's time to start thinking about the winter holidays.
Once again, following a tradition that has been going strong since 1964, Canada Post has released a pair of holiday-themed stamps to help Canadians make their mail more festive.
This year, Canadians have a choice of four stamps--one that features religious imagery, and three that features imagery that is more secular.
This year's Christmas-themed stamp is inspired by the traditional nativity scene, and features Mary, Joseph and the infant Jesus.
[caption id=”attachment_58217” align=”alignnone” width=”300”] Holiday stamps (CNW Group/Canada Post)[/caption]
This year's secular stamp (depicted in the article's cover photo) was designed by Helene L’Heureux, and feature artwork from Canadian folk artist Maud Lewis, including Winter Sleigh Ride, Team of Oxen in Winter, and Family and Sled.
- Canada Post Unveils New Stamp for Religious Festival
- Canada Post Unveils Stamp Celebrating Marriage Equality
- Canada Post urging Canadians to consider completing their holiday shopping early this year
- Canadian Stamps to Become More Expensive Starting in January
- Canada Post unveils new stamp for Black History Month
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in connection with India call centre scam
- Battle lines drawn as Mississauga and Brampton fight it out over store openings
- COVID-19 surge forcing paramedics to unload ambulances outside hospitals in Mississauga