Canada Post unveils this year’s holiday-themed stamps
Now that Halloween is over, it's time to start thinking about the winter holidays.
Once again, following a tradition that has been going strong since 1964, Canada Post has released a pair of holiday-themed stamps to help Canadians make their mail more festive.
This year, Canadians have a choice of four stamps--one that features religious imagery, and three that features imagery that is more secular.
This year's Christmas-themed stamp is inspired by the traditional nativity scene, and features Mary, Joseph and the infant Jesus.
[caption id=”attachment_58217” align=”alignnone” width=”300”] Holiday stamps (CNW Group/Canada Post)[/caption]
This year's secular stamp (depicted in the article's cover photo) was designed by Helene L’Heureux, and feature artwork from Canadian folk artist Maud Lewis, including Winter Sleigh Ride, Team of Oxen in Winter, and Family and Sled.
- Canada Post Unveils New Stamp for Religious Festival
- Canada Post Unveils Stamp Celebrating Marriage Equality
- Canada Post urging Canadians to consider completing their holiday shopping early this year
- Canadian Stamps to Become More Expensive Starting in January
- Canada Post moves up Christmas delivery deadlines amid unprecedented holiday demand
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines