Burlington Fire Department looking for three new recruits, application deadline next week
Published December 2, 2022 at 2:46 pm
The City of Burlington is looking for several new faces to join the Fire Department.
A posting on the City website says three, permanent, full-time vacancies need to be filled. The salary range is around $58,000 per year.
According to the posting, “The Burlington Fire Department is a team of highly trained and caring professionals who provide vital services that increase community safety and quality of life. We are currently seeking candidates to fill the role of Probationary Firefighter.”
The position is described as physically demanding and successful applicants will respond to fires, motor vehicle accidents and medical calls, and provide technical rescue services in areas such as hazardous materials, high-level rope, and ice/water.
Firefighters are also involved in delivering public education and prevention initiatives to the community and are responsible for routine maintenance of stations and equipment.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following mandatory qualifications:
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have a Grade 12 or equivalent education
- Be able to provide a criminal background check indicating you have not been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted, including a vulnerable sector search
- A valid Class DZ driver’s license is required with an acceptable driver’s abstract with no more than three driving related convictions and an accumulation of no more than three demerit points in the previous three years prior to the date of hire.
- Have current First Aid and CPR certificates, minimum level C
- Successfully completed NFPA 1001 level 1 & level 2
- Successfully completed all seven components of the Firefighter Services of Ontario Screening Test. Applicants must apply online and register for the Firefighter Screening Test with Firefighter Services of Ontario.
The deadline to apply is Friday, Dec. 9. For more information about the position or to apply, visit the City website.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising