BREAKING: Ontario reports new daily high of 2,432 COVID-19 cases
The province is reporting a new daily high of 2,432 new cases of COVID-19 today (Thursday, December 17), surpassing the previous high of 2,275 it reported two days ago on December 15.
Locally, there are 737 new cases in Toronto, 434 in Peel, 209 in York Region, 190 in Windsor-Essex County and 142 in Hamilton
Since yesterday, 2,009 more cases were resolved and nearly 58,200 additional tests completed.
On Tuesday, the first doses of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine began distribution to approximately 2,500 health care workers in Ontario.
"Ontario's vaccine supply will arrive in stages," said Health Minister Christine Elliott said. "It is critical that Ontarians continue following the public health measures to stop the spread of COVID-19."
Today's case data is now available on the province's website.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new record high of 1,924 COVID-19 cases today
- Ontario reporting 2,139 cases of COVID-19 and 43 deaths
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,588 new COVID-19 cases
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,581 COVID-19 cases
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting new daily high of 1,328 COVID-19 cases, with 385 in Peel
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario