BREAKING: Mississauga Woman Charged with Second Degree Murder After Fatal Stabbing
Charges have been laid following a fatal attack in Mississauga.
At 10:20 p.m. on Friday, March 8, officers responded to a stabbing report on Ann Street in the area of Hurontario and Lakeshore.
The male victim succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.
He is identified as 54 year old Mississauga man Michael Johnston.
The same evening, police arrested Mary Ljubanovich, a 48 year old woman from Mississauga.
Ljubanovich has been charged with second degree murder.
Police say this is Peel Region’s third homicide of 2019.
“An autopsy is scheduled for later this week where an official cause of death will be determined,” police say.
Ljubanovich is expected to make a brief court appearance on Sunday, March 9 to be remanded into custody.
Investigators believe there are no other suspects in this incident.
- Teen charged with first-degree murder after fatal stabbing in Toronto
- Arrest Made in Murder of 83 Year Old Mississauga Woman
- Police Asking For Help To Locate Two Suspects Wanted For First-Degree Murder
- 15-Year-Old Mississauga Boy Identified as Stabbing Victim
- Police Arrest Woman in Connection with High-Profile Murder Investigation
- Rental prices falling amid COVID-19 pandemic in Mississauga
- 153 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 20 new cases reported over two-day period in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga residents facing gun and drug-related charges
- Ongoing power outage still affecting about 800 homes and businesses in Mississauga
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault