Brand New Art Installation to be Unveiled at Square One in Mississauga
Although massive shopping centres are not typically associated with art (even though, perhaps, they should be), some malls exhibit exciting installations from time to time that deserve a little extra attention.
This Friday (Feb. 17), art aficionados and fans of distinctly Canadian projects can check out an exciting installation unveiling at Square One. The installation, created in partnership with the Embassy of Imagination (an interdisciplinary arts initiative for Nunavut youth), will consist of giant version of prints by Kinngait (Cape Dorset) artists.
The works were created by young artists Parr Josephee and Tommy Quvianaqtuliaq and both will be scene to unveil the important work.
The installation, which will be revealed between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., will be located near Entrance 3, across from Holt Renfrew.
It’s also worth noting that Square One and Oxford Properties will be matching donations (up to $10,000) to fund Embassy of Imagination’s summer project where youth will be painting a mural on the exterior of a Community Hall in Kinngait, Cape Dorset.
Donations can be made here.
For information about the Embassy of Imagination, please click here.
Photo courtesy of Embassy of Imagination website.
- Unique Shopping Event Coming to Square One for a Limited Time Only
- Kids Help Phone and BlackNorth Initiative teaming up to provide mental health support for Black youth
- Province investing more than $13 million into initiatives for youth
- Something Unique is About to be Unveiled at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Fun Event For Youth Coming to Mississauga in May
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of Feb 22 to 26
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot