Brand New Art Installation to be Unveiled at Square One in Mississauga
Although massive shopping centres are not typically associated with art (even though, perhaps, they should be), some malls exhibit exciting installations from time to time that deserve a little extra attention.
This Friday (Feb. 17), art aficionados and fans of distinctly Canadian projects can check out an exciting installation unveiling at Square One. The installation, created in partnership with the Embassy of Imagination (an interdisciplinary arts initiative for Nunavut youth), will consist of giant version of prints by Kinngait (Cape Dorset) artists.
The works were created by young artists Parr Josephee and Tommy Quvianaqtuliaq and both will be scene to unveil the important work.
The installation, which will be revealed between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., will be located near Entrance 3, across from Holt Renfrew.
It’s also worth noting that Square One and Oxford Properties will be matching donations (up to $10,000) to fund Embassy of Imagination’s summer project where youth will be painting a mural on the exterior of a Community Hall in Kinngait, Cape Dorset.
Donations can be made here.
For information about the Embassy of Imagination, please click here.
Photo courtesy of Embassy of Imagination website.
- Unique Shopping Event Coming to Square One for a Limited Time Only
- Province investing more than $13 million into initiatives for youth
- Something Unique is About to be Unveiled at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Fun Event For Youth Coming to Mississauga in May
- Special Lunar New Year Promotions Happening at Square One in Mississauga
- Car smashes into house in Mississauga in overnight collision
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga
- Ontario reports 1,859 new cases of COVID-19
- Popular kabob restaurant opens up second location in Mississauga
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19