Brand New American Restaurant Goes Bankrupt in Mississauga
It looks like it was over before it even began.
Last summer, Anchor Bar, a resto with the tagline "The Original Buffalowing," officially opened its doors in the Hurontario and Eglinton area in Mississauga.
Now, just a few months later, it appears to have closed.
A notice, which recently appeared on Anchor Bar's door, indicates that the restaurant (or at least this particular location) has gone bankrupt.
The notice, written up by Macpherson & Associates Inc., say the property is under the possession of the trustee by virtue of section 16(3) of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
An Anchor Bar representative says the location closed about two weeks ago.
The restaurant generated some buzz when it took over the space once occupied by Stir Kitchen and Beverage Co., a nightlife spot that was working to fill the void left by the once bustling Crocodile Rock by offering diners a one-stop-shopping mix of higher-end casual dining and nightlife.
Stir shuttered its doors for good in 2017.
While the Mississauga location is no more, Anchor Bar is still operating restaurants in Canada, including one in Dixon Road in Toronto, one in Burlington and one in Waterloo.
The Mississauga resto featured wings (of course) that came in myriad flavours, including mild, medium, spicy BBQ, cajun rub, maple honey garlic, lemon pepper, suicide and more.
Other items on the culinary docket included buttermilk chicken tenders, ribs, poutine (including buffalo chicken and taco-inspired varieties), fries, onion rings, salad, popcorn shrimp, nachos, brick oven pizza, burgers (including a pepper jelly brie burger), sandwiches, fish and chips and more.
Did you ever get a chance to check out Anchor Bar in Mississauga?
- Brawl Breaks Out Involving Knives at an Intersection in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- Police Responding to a Robbery Involving a Gun in Mississauga
- Large Police Presence Following Reports Of Weapon Seen In Mississauga
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- Popular American Wing Resto Officially Open in Mississauga
- Popular American Wing Restaurant Opening in Mississauga
- Popular Casual Restaurant Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Brand New Casual Dining Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
- Beloved Mississauga-Born Restaurant Opens New Location in the City