Brampton's Live from the Rose Virtual Concert Series in tune for the spring
For Brampton music lovers, the show will go on this spring at Rose Theatre.
The City of Brampton’s Live from the Rose Virtual Concert Series continues Thursday night with the River North Duo, featuring special guest Mark Kelso, beginning at 8 p.m.
The concert series launched last year after the COVID-19 pandemic forced the facility to close, resulting in the cancellation of the remaining 2019-20 theatre season.
“The Rose Brampton continues to support artists, stay connected with core audiences and expand its global following even wider,” said Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown. “So far, The Rose has provided paid opportunities to more than 50 artists, with 36 of the artists being local, and presented 15 free virtual presentations.
“We're proud to continue offering quality productions for our residents to safely enjoy at home."
A total of 10 performances via Vimeo are on tap for the season, which runs March 18 to April 10, and are available online through the City of Brampton’s Live from the Rose virtual concert series.
Tickets are free and can be booked online at therosebrampton.ca. There is a limited ticket availability and sales close 10 minutes before performance start time.
“The Rose continues to bloom,” said Steven Schipper, Executive Artistic Director, Performing Arts. “We have paved the way as an industry leader, with our virtual programming and the considerable ingenuity of our artists and performing arts team.
“From living room concerts that started one week after our venue closed to professional livestreams from our stage viewed around the world, we are proud of our season thus far.”
This season’s other upcoming virtual performances include:
* This is Brampton: Live Online, curated by Queeriahcity, on March 20 at 8 p.m.
* Suddenly Mommy with Anne-Marie Scheffler on March 25 at 8 p.m.
* Worlds in Music (The Rose Orchestra) on March 27 at 7:30 p.m.
* Elizabeth Glenn-Copeland in conversation with Ian Keteku on March 28 at 1 p.m.
* This is Brampton: Live Online, curated by SounDrive Records on April 1 at 8 p.m.
* Songs for a New World (Brampton Music Theatre - three shows April 8-10 at 8 p.m.
* Songs for a New World (Brampton Music Theatre - on April 10 at 1 p.m.
CITY OF BRAMPTON PHOTO
- Giant Tiger organizing virtual concert series to thank front-line workers
- Free Friday night concert series coming to Mississauga
- Political empowerment and youth leadership virtual conferences on tap for Black History Month in Brampton
- Mississauga and Brampton students will take March Break in April
- City of Mississauga bringing residents virtual ways to celebrate this holiday season
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source