Brampton woman arrested in human trafficking investigation
A 33-year-old Brampton woman has been arrested after a victim told police the suspect had her work in the sex trade.
The female victim, who came forward to the Durham Regional Police Service Human Trafficking Unit in early January of 2021, told them she had met the suspect on a social media platform and the suspect began to traffic her in the sex trade.
She explained the suspect would post ads, arrange dates, drive the victims to her calls and then take all of her money.
The victim also told investigators there are other female victims associated to the suspect.
Members of the Human Trafficking Unit, with assistance of the Peel Regional Police, arrested the suspect in Brampton on Wednesday.
Investigators believe the suspect has ties to Toronto, Peel and Durham regions.
Siobhan Ferguson, 33, of Brampton is charged with:
- Trafficking in Persons by Exercising Control
- Material Benefit from Sexual Services
- Obtain Sexual Services for Consideration
- Advertising Another Person’s Sexual Services
- Financial/Material Benefit Trafficking Person Over 18
- Procuring/Exercise Control.
Ferguson was held for a bail hearing.
Ferguson’s photo is being released by human trafficking investigators to ensure there are no other victims.
Anyone with new information is asked to contact the Human Trafficking Unit or D.Cst. Belanger of the Human Trafficking Unit at 1-888-579-1520, ext. 5602.
Anonymous information can be sent to Durham Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-Tips (8477) or online at www.durhamregionalcrimestoppers.ca. Tipsters maybe be eligible for a $2,000 cash reward.
- Brampton man charged by Durham Police following human trafficking investigation
- DRPS charge Toronto woman with human trafficking
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Human Trafficking Suspect in Mississauga
- Mississauga Pair Charged With Sex Assault and Human Trafficking
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- Police advising motorists to watch out for rogue cow in Milton
- India extends own flight ban disrupting travel plans for those in Mississauga and Brampton
- Suspect on the run after early morning stabbing in Oakville
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter