Brampton "Pools" player had a feeling he was a winner...he was right
Owais Mian of Brampton just knew something good was about to happen.
He was right.
The 43-year-old retail worker was playing the Ontario Lottery Corporation game of Pools a little while back (Football Pools Card #69, List #1351) when he got a feeling.
Mian said he got a sense something good was coming his way when he was only one game away from a win.
“I was jumping for joy while I was watching the last game with my friend,” he shared.
The result was a $56,472 pay out that he recently collected for getting all of the games right.
Mian said he messaged his wife and friend to tell them about his big win. “My wife said, ‘Good things happen to good people,'” he smiled.
Mian plans to invest some of his winnings and use some for home renovations. “I will celebrate with my family when it’s safe - I feel on top of the world!” he concluded.
The winning ticket was purchased at Shell on Bramalea Road in Brampton.
- Lottery win spares Brampton man the wrath of a woken wife
- Brampton grocery store worker plays the name game and hits the jackpot
- A big lottery win in Brampton had his wife almost fall on the floor
- Brampton cabinet maker “feels good” about winning big in Lotto 6/49
- Brampton instant winner taking $250,000 lottery prize to the bank
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- Married parents of two from Milton celebrating big lotto win
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Burlington residents now have an additional splash pad to check out this summer