Brampton kidnapping victim found safe, suspect remains at large: Police
Peel Regional Police say that the woman abducted from a Brampton home over the weekend, Saline Ouk, has been found safe while her alleged abductor remains at large.
Late Monday night (March 29), police held a media briefing after announcing on Twitter that 23-year-old Ouk had been found.
According to police, Ouk walked into 22 Division Headquarters in Brampton on her own around 7:30 p.m. Monday and appeared to be in "good health," but was taken to hospital for treatment of something unrelated to her kidnapping.
The suspect in the case, 21-year-old Kwami Garwood, remains at large.
Ouk was taken from her home on Adventura Rd. near Mayfield Rd. around 3 a.m. on Saturday.
Police were called to the home at that time to reports of a disturbance. When they arrived, they confronted the suspect who managed to escape in the car while police fired shots at the vehicle.
Police confirmed Monday that the vehicle was discovered Sunday afternoon in the Whitepoppy Dr. and McLaughlin Rd. area of Brampton and that the pair took a taxi to the Ruddington Dr. and Bayview Ave. area in Toronto, arriving around 4 a.m. on Saturday.
Garwood is known to police as he is currently wanted for murder in Toronto last year. Durham Police also have a warrant out for his arrest. Police say the man is considered armed and dangerous and warn that he is not to be approached.
-- with files from Steve Pecar
- Police believe suspected Brampton kidnapper ditched car, took victim by cab to Toronto
- Brampton woman says she escaped kidnapper, took cab to police station
- Police searching for suspect believed to have kidnapped 23 year old woman in Brampton
- Suspect in Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old Arrested in Peel
- ARRESTED: Man wanted in connection to a kidnapping in Brampton has been arrested
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- Hudson's Bay may be in 'shirt' over a taboo typo in Canada
- India extends own flight ban disrupting travel plans for those in Mississauga and Brampton
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga