Brampton getting its own Playground for hoop lovers
Brampton basketball lovers have their own Playground to take it to the hoop.
The Playground, a popular indoor basketball complex, is expanding to four new cities across the GTA this summer, including Brampton.
The new local facility will feature two courts and is expected to open this month.
Other new locations are set to open in Burlington (May), Whitby (June) and Vaughan (July).
With this latest round of expansion, The Playground will have over 28 full FIBA-sized basketball courts, 14 practice courts and five “state-of-the-art” strength and conditioning centres around the GTA.
The “high quality” facilities are equipped with NCAA approved hardwood floors, nets, shooting machines, concession stands, food vendors and bleachers with a capacity ranging from 500 to 2000 seats.
The modern basketball playgrounds are similar to those multi-court facilities in the United States.
“This gives us not only the capacity, but flexibility to host major international tournaments all under one roof, one brand, one region” said CEO and Co-founder Sam Ibrahim. “The best basketball in the world is being played in Southern Ontario and the growth of the game is mirrored by the success of The Playground.
“Our goal is simple, to elevate and make accessible the sport we love to a greater number of people.”
The privately-owned brand, which will have more than 300,000 square feet in total space available for hoop lovers, already has two facilities with a 15,000 square-foot space in Scarborough and another in Peterborough’s Spiplex Sports Dome.
PHOTO COURTESY OF THE PLAYGROUND
- Burlington getting a new Playground for basketball players
- Raptors’ superfan donates $150,000 for new basketball courts in Mississauga
- New splash pad and 'Giant' playground now open at Oshawa's Lakeview Park
- Male Arrested for Setting Playground on Fire in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Suspicious Fire at Children’s Playground in Mississauga
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Large Mississauga complex used by Bell sold in billion dollar deal
- You will now be rewarded for licencing your pet in Hamilton
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- Mississauga man facing charges after 7-month-old puppy dragged beside car