Brampton getting its own Playground for hoop lovers
Brampton basketball lovers have their own Playground to take it to the hoop.
The Playground, a popular indoor basketball complex, is expanding to four new cities across the GTA this summer, including Brampton.
The new local facility will feature two courts and is expected to open this month.
Other new locations are set to open in Burlington (May), Whitby (June) and Vaughan (July).
With this latest round of expansion, The Playground will have over 28 full FIBA-sized basketball courts, 14 practice courts and five “state-of-the-art” strength and conditioning centres around the GTA.
The “high quality” facilities are equipped with NCAA approved hardwood floors, nets, shooting machines, concession stands, food vendors and bleachers with a capacity ranging from 500 to 2000 seats.
The modern basketball playgrounds are similar to those multi-court facilities in the United States.
“This gives us not only the capacity, but flexibility to host major international tournaments all under one roof, one brand, one region” said CEO and Co-founder Sam Ibrahim. “The best basketball in the world is being played in Southern Ontario and the growth of the game is mirrored by the success of The Playground.
“Our goal is simple, to elevate and make accessible the sport we love to a greater number of people.”
The privately-owned brand, which will have more than 300,000 square feet in total space available for hoop lovers, already has two facilities with a 15,000 square-foot space in Scarborough and another in Peterborough’s Spiplex Sports Dome.
PHOTO COURTESY OF THE PLAYGROUND
- Burlington getting a new Playground for basketball players
- Raptors’ superfan donates $150,000 for new basketball courts in Mississauga
- Male Arrested for Setting Playground on Fire in Mississauga
- Arrest made after male stabbed at basketball court in Brampton
- Mississauga locks sport courts after people refuse to follow social distancing orders
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Mississauga and Brampton may have seen last of the lockdowns, says Peel Region's top doctor
- Gun play has police on the scene at Brampton neighbourhood