Brampton court virtual hearing interrupted by Zoom Bombers
A virtual hearing in a Brampton courtroom Tuesday was repeatedly interrupted by Zoom bombers who were posting pornographic images and swastikas.
Peel Regional Police are investigating the matter that occurred during the civil case of Waterloo regional police Const. Kelly Donovan vs. the Waterloo Regional Police Services Board in Brampton’s Superior Court of Justice.
Donovan, who resigned in 2017 from the WRPS, has alleged her former employer breached the terms of her resignation agreement. The allegations have not been proven in court.
As lawyer Donald Jarvis, representing the police board, made his submissions, images from pornographic websites and drawings of swastikas were shown frequently by an unknown person on the Zoom over several minutes.
Justice Thomas Bielby noticed the inappropriate images and interrupted Jarvis. Attempts to identify which participant was responsible for the crude images were unsuccessful because the images kept disappearing.
The matter appeared to be resolved after the morning break.
Donovan, who calls herself a whistleblowing former police officer conducting workplace investigations, tweeted the Zoom link to yesterday’s court hearing and says the Zoom bombing didn’t happen because she shared the link.
“This did not happen today because I shared the link, and I refute any suggestion that it did,” Donovan said in a tweet yesterday. “Abusive participants were immediately removed. I welcome the investigation.”
- Arrest made after male stabbed at basketball court in Brampton
- Ontario appeal court hearing case of man with HIV convicted of sex assault
- Police watchdog wants Supreme Court to rule on limits of oversight powers
- Peel Regional Police officer facing number of criminal charges
- Another arrest of Brampton man prompts police chief to call out court system
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant