Brampton business first to be ordered fully closed by Peel Health for COVID-19 cases
A Brampton business is the first one to be ordered fully closed by Peel Public Health for having at least five cases of COVID-19 among employees within the last two weeks.
SHW Pumps and Engine Components, located at 175 Sun Pac Blvd., Unit No. 2A, was told Thursday it had to shut down for up to 10 days to stop the further spread of COVID-19 between employees and allow for investigation of cases at the workplace.
According to Peel Public Health stipulations, a closure happens when five or more people at a workplace test positive for the virus within a period of 14 days.
Businesses will be notified to shut down through either a written or verbal notice under the class order for workplaces, section 22 (5.0.1) of the Health Protection and Promotion Act.
A total of 11 Peel business have now been ordered to fully or partially close since April 24. This marks the first case of a full closure that applies to an entire workplace premises.
Amazon Fulfillment Centres in Brampton and Bolton were the first ordered to be closed, with partial closures back on April 24.
Other businesses that have been ordered partially closed for COVID-19 cases includes Canada Post in Mississauga (April 28), Canadian Tire Distribution Centre in Brampton (April 27) and Applewood Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC in Mississauga (April 27).
SHW Pumps and Engine Components was established in 2014.
According to its website, the company’s mechanical and electric pumps are used in passenger cars, commercial vehicles, trucks, agricultural machines, construction machines and stationary engines as well as wind turbines.
Closures may last up to 10 days while Peel Public Health investigates the spread.
SHW GROUP PHOTO
- 14 businesses that closed in Mississauga and Brampton due to COVID-19: April 24 to 30
- Two Brampton and Caledon Amazon fulfillment centres partially closed by health department
- BREAKING: Peel Public Health orders closures of Amazon facilities in Brampton and Caledon
- CLOSURES: Five more workplaces in Mississauga and Brampton partially closed over COVID-19
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Canada may find it challenging to reach herd immunity from COVID-19, experts say
- Can we start seeing weddings with buffets as early as fall in Mississauga and Brampton?
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- REMINDER: All Mississauga and Brampton residents over 18 will be able to book vaccine appointments today