BONUS VIDEO OF THE YEAR: Incredible Footage of 401 Bridge Demolition
So, this was why the 401 was closed one night in October!
In the early hours of Sunday morning (Oct. 30), construction crews were on scene at a massive bridge demolition above highway 401 in Mississauga.
The Second Line West bridge was demolished as part of a long-term project to expand the highway. Yesterday (Oct. 29), the province issued a notice advising residents of the major construction. Lanes were closed at 9:00 p.m. and the highway in the affected area completely closed at 11:00 p.m.
During the closure, a detour route was implemented. Westbound traffic was detoured off the 401 at Mavis and eastbound traffic was detoured off at Mississauga Rd/Erin Mills Parkway.
The demolition took place just west of the Mavis interchange.
According to the Ontario Provincial Police, the demolition concluded shortly after 9:00 a.m.
As you can see from the video, the first part of the footage shows an aerial view and the second part shows a ground view of the impressive display of heavy machinery.
It also sounds like a rollercoaster the entire time.
We think it’s pretty cool.
Photo and video courtesy of Pascal Marchand
- Man Tears up Quran at Recent School Board Meeting in Mississauga
- Woman Carjacked at Gunpoint and Suspect on the Loose in Mississauga
- Will the Peel District School Board Cancel Trips to U.S. in Wake of Trump’s Travel Ban?
- New Townhomes Coming to Clarkson Concern Mississauga Residents
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Attempted Break and Enter in Mississauga