BREAKING: Body of Murdered 14-Year-Old Boy Found in Park Area in Mississauga
Police say a body found in a park area in Mississauga this morning belongs to a 13-year-old boy.
Peel police say a call regarding the body, which was discovered in a park area near the Truscott Dr. and Southdown Rd, intersection, came in at 7:58 a.m.
“He was located outside this morning and we’re investigating,” Peel police Cst. Iryna Yashnyk told insauga.com.
Shortly before 12:00 p.m., police confirmed that the young teen was murdered.
“Confirmed homicide. Victim is a 13 yr old boy. Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is currently investigating,” police wrote on Twitter.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
Confirmed homicide. Victim is a 13 yr old boy . Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is currently investigating. Media officer on scene and will be providing update shortly.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) December 7, 2018
Updates to follow.
Correction: Peel police now say the boy is 14, not 13 as previously reported by police
- Mississauga Company Fined After Worker Falls to Their Death
- Two People Transported To Hospital With Serious Injuries After Collision In Mississauga
- Guns Reportedly Stolen During Residential Break-in in Mississauga
- VIDEOS: Collision In Mississauga Results In Two People With Serious Injuries
- Mississauga Man in Trauma Centre After Stabbing Incident
- Police on Scene After Dead Body Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Mississauga High School Comments on 14-Year-Old Boy Found Murdered in Park
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga
- UPDATE: 14 Year Old Homicide Victim in Mississauga Identified by Friends on Social Media
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year