BREAKING: Body of Murdered 14-Year-Old Boy Found in Park Area in Mississauga
Police say a body found in a park area in Mississauga this morning belongs to a 13-year-old boy.
Peel police say a call regarding the body, which was discovered in a park area near the Truscott Dr. and Southdown Rd, intersection, came in at 7:58 a.m.
“He was located outside this morning and we’re investigating,” Peel police Cst. Iryna Yashnyk told insauga.com.
Shortly before 12:00 p.m., police confirmed that the young teen was murdered.
“Confirmed homicide. Victim is a 13 yr old boy. Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is currently investigating,” police wrote on Twitter.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
Confirmed homicide. Victim is a 13 yr old boy . Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau is currently investigating. Media officer on scene and will be providing update shortly.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) December 7, 2018
Updates to follow.
Correction: Peel police now say the boy is 14, not 13 as previously reported by police
- Police on Scene After Dead Body Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Mississauga High School Comments on 14-Year-Old Boy Found Murdered in Park
- Police investigating homicide after dead body found in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga
- Peel Police Investigating After Dead Body Found in Mississauga
- Empty lot at major Brampton intersection being turned into hub of commerce
- Ontarians say initial vax appointments tough to cancel once earlier dose booked
- All residents of Mississauga, Brampton 18+ who received an mRNA vaccine will soon be able to book their second
- Cyclist killed on Hwy. 50 in Brampton, road closed for several hours
- Square One serving up mall food in new outdoor patio dining area