Mississauga High School Comments on 14-Year-Old Boy Found Murdered in Park
While a 14-year-old homicide victim has not yet been identified by police, a Mississauga high school has posted a letter outlining its response to the shocking tragedy.
In a letter to students and families, Mary Zammit, the principal at Clarkson Secondary School, says an incident took place in the school community.
"I’m writing to inform you about an incident that took place in our school community. Peel Regional Police have been conducting an investigation today regarding the death of a 14-year-old boy that took place in the area of Truscott Dr. and Southdown Rd. As this is an ongoing police investigation, this is all of the information we can share at this time," Zammit said in the letter.
Peel police say a call regarding the boy's body, which was discovered in a park, came in around 8:00 a.m on Dec. 7.
"He was located outside this morning and we're investigating," Peel police Cst. Iryna Yashnyk told insauga.com.
Shortly before 12:00 p.m., police confirmed that the young teen was murdered.
In her letter, Zammit says that police don't believe there's any danger to the public.
"Police believe this is an isolated incident and have assured us there are no additional safety precautions needed at our school. It’s important to note that police have not indicated that this incident is connected in any way to the hold-and-secure we had on Monday," Zammit wrote.
Zammit says that students who need support in the wake of the tragedy are welcome to consult with guidance counsellors and others who are available to offer support to students and staff who may need it.
Zammit said that support will be available to students and staff from both Clarkson Secondary School and Hillside Public School tomorrow, Saturday, Dec. 8 between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. at Clarkson (2524 Bromsgrove Rd.)
The full letter can be viewed here.
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Police on Scene at Mississauga High School Following Troubling Email
- UPDATE: 14 Year Old Homicide Victim in Mississauga Identified by Friends on Social Media
- BREAKING: Body of Murdered 14-Year-Old Boy Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Mississauga school in hold and secure following nearby stabbing incident
- Police Launch Review After Six-Year-Old Handcuffed at School