Bianca Andreescu Reaches First-Ever Grand Slam Semifinals
Bianca Andreescu just reached her first-ever Grand Slam semifinal in her US Open main-draw debut.
The Canadian won Wednesday night after beating Belgium's Elise Mertens by 3-6, 6-2, 6-3,
According to WTA Tennis, the 19-year-old fought off Mertens in just over two hours of play, becoming the first teenager and Canadian to reach the final four at the year's final Grand Slam event.
Andreescu will face fellow first-time Grand Slam semi-finalist Belinda Bencic, Switzerland, in the final four. It will be the first meeting between Andreescu and Bencic.
Andreescu recently won titles in Indian Wells and Toronto and has become a part of the Top 10.
Andreescu is on an 11-match winning streak overall.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Mississauga's Own Bianca Andreescu Advances to U.S. Open Finals
- Here's When Missisauga's Bianca Andreescu Will Be Playing Tonight's U.S. Open Match
- Bianca Andreescu withdraws from tournament due to injury
- BREAKING: Mississauga Tennis Star Bianca Andreescu Becomes First Canadian to Win US Open Women's Singles
- Bianca Andreescu advances to round of 16