Beloved Chinese Restaurant Closing After 25 Years
UPDATE: Macey’s operators have decided to keep the restaurant open for now.
All good things must come to an end.
A beloved Chinese restaurant that occupies a busy spot on Burnhamthorpe Rd., just down the street from Square One, is officially closing its doors on Feb. 27.
It served diners for 25 years—which is basically a lifetime in the rough and tumble restaurant industry.
A Macey’s representative confirmed the closure with insauga.com last week.
Macey’s has always been a staple on our Top 5 Under the Radar Chinese restaurants list. Easily recognizable because of its prime Burnhamthorpe and Mavis location, Macey’s is best known for serving some of the city’s most delicious Chinese food.
The interior was often said to look a little old school and worn down — but we always told people to avoid judging this book by its cover. The food was good, and the menu boasted a huge selection of the Asian noodles, as well as traditional Cantonese-style dishes at very reasonable prices.
Macey’s will be missed.
View this post on Instagram
The biggest news in the #Mississauga Chinese community recently would have to be the closing of Macey's. This #hkfood eatery is an institution around here and has fed many of us for decades. I remember my #family first came here regularly after Kumon lessons on Tuesday nights. We would always come and order from the daily specials. And for a time, Tuesday nights always had #Chinese soup as a bonus. We got to know, then, the three original owners… And then later, just the sole owner. I've had so many meals here with family, friends, classmates, teammates… My family (like many other old regulars) would get 10% off every meal, and the kids would get fortune cookies, and grandpa used to buy his Chinese newspapers here (this was the ONE restaurant he frequented in Sauga). While the other units around them flipped multiple times over the years, Macey's stood strong. Until, now. It's been a community hub. And it was evident today, as we dined there we bumped into 5 tables of family, friends and acquaintances - everyone wanting to see it one last time. What a #legacy… . #childhood #famjam #memories #parents #Gong Gong #history #humanconnection #landmark #change #goodbye #signage #neon #endofanera #spacesintime #chinesefood #yelpgta #reflections
- Here’s What Just Replaced a Beloved Chinese Restaurant in Mississauga
- Top 5 Under the Radar Chinese Restaurants in Mississauga
- Long-standing (and much-loved) Chinese restaurant closes in Mississauga
- Popular Chinese Restaurant Opens First Mississauga Location
- New Restaurant Offers Regional Chinese Favourites, Creative Dishes and Bubble Teas
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- OPINION: Here's what I experienced at The Credit Valley Hospital drive-thru COVID-19 assessment centre in Mississauga
- Peel Regional Police assisting OPP with investigation into shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga votes to allow Hindu temples to temporarily broadcast hymns