Archery Terminal Opens in Mississauga
Have you ever wanted to shoot your best friend or partner in the chest with a literal arrow? How about your least favourite co-worker or sibling? Now, with the opening of Archery Terminal -- Mississauga's first indoor archery tag facility -- set for this Saturday, you might just get the chance to non-fatally pierce the armor (not really) of a friend or loved one.
We actually got a pretty special pre-opening sneak peek and can ascertain that Archery Terminal offers players something challenging and off-the-beaten path. It also offers you some bad ass arm bruises if you don't hold your bow correctly. Everyone will ask about them later and you'll get to tell them what a tough and formidable marksman (or woman) you are.
So, for those of you interested in acting out your Katniss (or Legolas, if you're slightly more vintage) fantasies, here's a rundown of what you can expect from Archery Terminal.
1) You open officially on Saturday (congrats!). What do you have planned for your grand opening?
For our grand opening weekend (May 2-3) we are offering 20 per cent off our regular price! Also, anyone that comes this weekend will be entered into a draw to win an iPad Mini, gift cards and free passes!
2) How has the response been so far? Do you have a lot of bookings and have you generated a lot of interest?
The response has been great so far. We’ve had a lot of people email us about our grand opening and bookings for parties and private events. Last weekend was our soft launch and over 200 of our friends and family experienced Archery Tag for the first time. We received a lot of positive feedback and everyone had a great time.
3) How many square feet is your space?
Our space is over 10,000 sq. ft featuring a party room, entertainment lounge, three-lane training and a large battlefield for players to showcase their running, shooting and dodging skills. Once you step inside, you’ll notice that we’re not simply just an Archery Tag facility. From the comic book decor, to the graffiti mural of the GTA cityscape and booming background music, we’re here to share our passion for all the things we love. This is a place where you can hang out, have fun, play Archery Tag and even share your love for superheroes!!
4) Will you have any new opening discounts or specials you want people to know about?
For grand opening weekend, we will be offering 20% off our regular price and players will be entered into a draw with the grand prize of an iPad mini!
5) How do you plan on spreading the word about Archery Terminal?
Majority of our advertising has been through social media and word of mouth. We have generated a buzz and believe the unique experience and atmosphere speak for itself. Pictures do not do it justice! Once you experience the fun and adrenaline rush, it’ll want you coming back with your friends for more. If you enjoyed your experience at Archery Terminal please help spread the word!
6) How long have you been a fan of archery tag? Where do you usually go to play? How did you first find out about the concept?
We first found out about archery tag through our friends and once we tried it, we were hooked. We found it to be a good way to exercise and have fun while you were doing it!
7) What inspired you to set up shop in Mississauga?
Looking at Mississauga, there are some unique recreational activities in the city. Understanding that the city has a very diverse and active population, it made perfect sense to open our facility in this area.
8) What will set your facility apart and make it different from other archery tag places?
Our facility is over 10,000 sqft (with a 22 ft high ceiling) and offers a lounge for players to relax and spectate other players. In addition, we are conveniently located near highways 410 and 401, allowing easy access to our facility wherever you're from. A lot of archery tag events are hosted outdoors, but we are an indoor facility that is open all year round.
9) Who is your main audience? Families? Groups of friends? Younger people?
Besides our age restriction of 12 years old and older, our main audience is open to all demographics. From our experience, people do tend to come in large groups to enjoy the experience with friends and family. This activity is also perfect for team building, such as corporate events and social events for different organizations.
10) How does archery tag work? How is a basic game played?
It's very similar to dodge ball, except you play with bows and foam-tipped arrows. A game consists of 8-24 players divided into two teams. A safety zone is set between the two teams and is the starting point where the foam-tipped arrows are placed. The objective of the game is to disqualify the competing opponents. A player is eliminated by tagging him/her with an arrow, or by catching his/her arrow from mid air. Another way to win is to knock out all targets (five pieces) of the opposing side. A "tagged" player can be called back into the game when a target is knocked out or when a teammate catches an arrow.
11) Will there be any special packages for large groups or people celebrating events such as birthdays?
We will definitely have something in store for large groups and events. Again the best way to stay updated is through our Facebook and website.
12) What are some major archery tag rules? Are there any major safety rules people should know about?
Safety is probably the number one thing that comes to mind for an activity like this. Each player is provided a protective mask and players experience virtually no pain when being tagged with the foam-tipped arrow. Each game will have a referee to ensure game rules and safety protocols are followed. Below are the rules:.
1. NEVER take off your safety mask while inside the arena.
2. NEVER shoot arrows at someone from point-blank range or in the safety zone.
3. NEVER shoot a broken arrow or one without the foam tip.
4. NEVER dry fire the bow (shooting the bow without an arrow).
5. ALWAYS follow the referee's instructions while inside the arena.
6. ALWAYS keep shoes on.
13) What should people wear?
We recommend sports attire with clean running shoes to play. If people like to have team spirits, they may dress colour coded or even come in costumes!
14) Is it a good activity for children or geared towards an older demographic?
We do have an age restriction of 12 years old or older and those under 16 must be supervised by a parent/guardian. Having said that, we believe it's a fun activity no matter the age. It's a great way to get some exercise with friends and family!
15) Why do you think archery tag is growing in popularity?
One huge contributing factor is the exposure archery has gotten in the movie/TV industry. Hunger Games has been a very successful franchise, Avengers with Hawkeye and the TV series Arrow showcases archery to the mass population. This creates curiosity and Archery Terminal is a place where you can enjoy the sport no matter your level of experience.
In addition, more and more people are looking for new ways to stay active and have fun at the same time. We think this is the perfect activity for it! It allows you to share the experience and fun with your friends and help maintain an active lifestyle.
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- OPINION: Here's what I experienced at The Credit Valley Hospital drive-thru COVID-19 assessment centre in Mississauga
- Peel Regional Police assisting OPP with investigation into shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga votes to allow Hindu temples to temporarily broadcast hymns