Apple Has a New Feature That Will Appeal to Square One Shoppers in Mississauga
Have you ever squinted at a flashy mall directory (one complete with big, readable print and colour-coding, no less) and still not been able to place yourself?
If you are tragically directionally-challenged (even with large, competently laid out maps there to guide you), you might be very happy to hear that Apple Maps is about to help you better navigate Square One's vast interior.
According to a recent Mac Rumours article, Apple Maps now boasts indoor maps of at least 18 shopping malls across Canada.
The malls are located in Toronto, Mississauga, Hamilton, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Vancouver, and Dieppe, New Brunswick.
Mac Rumours says that nearly all of the shopping malls are Cadillac Fairview properties, with the sole exception being Mississauga's iconic Square One.
Other malls that Apple Maps users can now navigate from within?
- Galeries D’Anjou in Montreal
- Carrefour Laval in Laval
- Promenades St-Bruno in Saint-Bruno
- Fairview Pointe Claire in Pointe-Claire
- Rideau Centre in Ottawa
- Markville in Markham
- Shops at Don Mills in Toronto
- Fairview Mall in Toronto
- Sherway Gardens in Toronto
- Square One in Mississauga
- Lime Ridge in Hamilton
- Fairview Park in Kitchener
- Masonville Place in London
- Polo Park in Winnipeg
- Chinook Centre in Calgary
- Market Mall in Calgary
- Richmond Centre in Richmond
- Champlain Place in Dieppe, New Brunswick
Interestingly enough, there are no indoor maps for such major local malls as the Eaton Centre, Yorkdale or Vaughan Mills.
Mac Rumours says Apple launched indoor maps at select airports and shopping malls in 2017.
You can find all the maps here.
So the next time you need to locate H&M, Reds or a washroom inside Square One, you can pop open Apple Maps and find your destination.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19
- Police looking for elderly couple last seen in Mississauga