Another Food Basics employee in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
Metro Inc. has reported another new case of COVID-19 at one of its grocery store locations in Mississauga.
According to the company, an employee recently tested positive for the virus at the Food Basics at 2550 Hurontario St.
The employee's last day of work was Saturday, July 4.
Metro was notified of the case on Sunday, July 12.
As a preventative measure, Metro says it deep cleans and sanitizes every location where a case is reported.
"We will always contact and follow the guidance of Public Health to ensure the safety of our teammates and customers whenever we are made aware of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in one of our food stores or distribution centres," says Metro.
"Out of respect and for confidentiality reasons, we will never release any personal information about persons who are infected."
Details on all reported cases at Metro locations can be seen here.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Employee tests positive for COVID-19 at Food Basics in Mississauga
- Employee at Mississauga Metro tests positive for COVID-19
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – October 27
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – October 27