An extreme cold warning is now in effect for Mississauga
The City of Mississauga says an extreme cold warning is now in effect.
The city says temperatures in Mississauga are set to drop below -15 with the wind chill.
Residents are advised to take care if they are going to be out and be sure to cover exposed skin.
During cold weather events, various community centres are available to those who are looking to get out of the cold.
If you are going out, you are advised to dress in layers, stay dry and limit your time outdoors as much as possible. The city says residents should reschedule or plan outdoor activities for another day if possible and drink warm fluids—but avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages.
Residents are also advised to call or visit vulnerable friends, neighbours and family to ensure they are not experiencing any difficulties related to the weather.
Residents are asked to bring any pets indoors without adequate shelter.
- House of the Week: $3 mil family home with jacuzzi
- What Are Ontario’s Most Affordable Cities?
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Happy 99th birthday, Hazel - Hazel McCallion's photos through the years
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Mississauga