AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Deceased
Peel Regional Police have advised the public that an 11 year old girl was found dead after being abducted by her father.
According to police, 41-year-old Roopesh Rajkumar was last seen with his 11 year-old daughter, Riya Rajkumar, in the area of Hurontario Street and Derry Road. Riya does not reside with him on a full-time basis. Roopesh Rajkumar was to ensure his daughter returned to be with her mother by a certain time but failed to do so.
He had since made comments indicating he was going to harm himself and his daughter, and was last seen operating a 2005, silver, 2-door Honda Civic with Ontario licence plate ARBV 598.
Police confirmed that Roopesh Rajkumar has been located and arrested but Riya has been located deceased at a Brampton residence.
Roopesh Rajkumar, has been arrested.
At a media conference, Peel police said the suspect was arrested by the OPP in Orillia.
No charges have been laid at this time.
Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau has taken carriage of this investigation.
- Canada issues travel advisory warning for India
- Police called after racism discussions become heated at Peel District School Board meeting
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Car drives on sidewalk in Mississauga
- Tim Hortons is implementing changes to its Tims Rewards loyalty program
- Police responding to man with gunshot wound in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Father Charged Following Murder of 11-Year-Old Daughter
- AMBER ALERT: Police Looking for Man Who Abducted Daughter in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Riya Rajkumar's Father Dies
- Police Seeking Man Who Abducted His Daughter in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Man Charged with First Degree Murder of 11 Year Old Daughter