Amazon Launches Unique New Feature in Canada
Amazon is a powerhouse.
You can shop on Amazon, buy groceries on Amazon, and now, you can even listen to music through Amazon.
According to a recent press release, on Sept. 26 the company announced the launch of Amazon Music Unlimited in Canada providing customers with an extensive archive of songs from popular artists, as well as playlists, and personalized stations organized by Amazon Music experts.
Using Amazon Music Unlimited, Canadians can access music using voice commands with Alexa, on the Amazon Music app for iOS and Android, and on all Echo devices.
“We’ve seen such a positive customer response from the launch of Prime Music for Canada last year, and with today’s launch we’re excited to bring more customers even more choice and ways of discovering music with Alexa,” Sean McMullan, Head of International Expansion for Amazon Music, said in a recent press release.
“We’re thrilled for our Canadian customers to start streaming with Unlimited today, and begin enjoying expanded voice controls to play music for every moment.”
Amazon Music is currently available in more than 40 countries and is free of ads and includes features such as unlimited skips and playbacks.
The launch of Amazon Music Unlimited for Canada was announced only less than a year after Prime Music launched, an ad-free music streaming service available to members at no additional cost.
Amazon Music Unlimited is available to all customers and offers even more music and ways for users to ask Alexa to play it (Amazon Music users can ask Alexa to play a specific type of music depending on their mood or what they're doing).
Customers using Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Music, are able to ask for music on any Alexa-enabled device, including the Amazon Music app for both iOS and Android, by mood, era, genre, and title.
Users can also request a playlist based on activities they're doing.
Users can set music alarms to wake up to, build or add a song to a new playlist by asking, or return to a song you were listening to earlier in the day.
With the hands-free listening feature in the Amazon Music app, customers can ask Alexa to play music anywhere.
To learn more about pricing and features, visit amazon.ca/music/unlimited.
- SASS founder named Music Industry Leader of the Year at Oshawa Music Awards
- Here Are the Most Popular Items on Amazon Ordered for Christmas
- Amazon Canada Launches Much Cheaper Monthly Prime Membership Plan
- Canadians streaming more upbeat music as quarantine restrictions begin to ease
- Amazon allowing members to rent or buy their favourite movies
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant