All lanes closed due to rollover on 401 in Mississauga
All lanes are blocked due to a rollover collision on the 401 in Mississauga, police say.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt recently announced that all lanes on the eastbound 401 approaching Mavis Rd. are closed following a recent crash.
Schmidt says that two vehicles have rolled over and that while there were people trapped in the cars, they have since been extricated by paramedics.
“Everyone is conscious and breathing,” Schmidt said in an audio clip posted to Twitter.
“We have all lanes blocked on 401 eastbound approaching Mavis due to this collision. It’s a construction zone, there are very narrow shoulders.”
Schmidt said police are not yet sure how long the closure will remain in effect.
Commuters are encouraged to exit the highway at Erin Mills Parkway.
Schmidt said there are no delays on the westbound 401, but the eastbound crash is causing a “visual distraction.”
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police
- Peel reports almost 200 more cases than Toronto