All lanes closed due to rollover on 401 in Mississauga
All lanes are blocked due to a rollover collision on the 401 in Mississauga, police say.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt recently announced that all lanes on the eastbound 401 approaching Mavis Rd. are closed following a recent crash.
Schmidt says that two vehicles have rolled over and that while there were people trapped in the cars, they have since been extricated by paramedics.
“Everyone is conscious and breathing,” Schmidt said in an audio clip posted to Twitter.
“We have all lanes blocked on 401 eastbound approaching Mavis due to this collision. It’s a construction zone, there are very narrow shoulders.”
Schmidt said police are not yet sure how long the closure will remain in effect.
Commuters are encouraged to exit the highway at Erin Mills Parkway.
Schmidt said there are no delays on the westbound 401, but the eastbound crash is causing a “visual distraction.”
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Toy store with locations in Mississauga files for bankruptcy
- Man threatened staff at Mississauga clinic after being asked to wear a mask: Police
- Potential COVID-19 exposure identified on flight from Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Trendy new ice cream hotspot now open in Streetsville in Mississauga