All Hamilton schools and child care centres are closed
It’s a snow day for all students and staff in both Hamilton school boards on Tuesday (Feb. 16).
All Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB) and Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board (HWCDSB) schools and administration buildings and child care centres are closed due to severe weather conditions.
All remote and in-person learning, including the HWDSB’s Elementary Remote Learning Program, is cancelled.
Buses are not running.
“Opportunities for asynchronous learning are available to students online,” a notice posted to the HWCDSB website said.
“All staff, instructional and non-instructional, will transition to a remote learning/workday.”
Mohawk College and McMaster University are also closed Tuesday.
- School buildings and offices in the Peel District School Board are closed today
- Catholic school board makes change to remote learning model in Mississauga
- Half of elementary students at Peel public board opted for online learning
- All school COVID-19 cases and closures for Hamilton: March 15 to 19
- Catholic schools in Mississauga making more tweaks to remote learning model
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- No criminal circumstances in death of Brampton child, say police
- Starbucks close two Brampton locations to deal with COVID-19