All four Amazon fulfillment centres in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon under partial COVID closure
All four Amazon fulfillment centres in Peel Region -- two in Brampton and one each in Mississauga and Caledon -- are now under partial closure because of COVID-19 outbreaks.
The affected locations are:
- 6363 Millcreek Drive, Mississauga
- 7995 Winston Churchill Boulevard, Brampton
- 8050 Heritage Road, Brampton
- 12724 Coleraine Drive, Bolton
The Heritage Rd. and Coleraine Dr. locations remain under the watchful eye of Peel Public Health as these sites have been under a partial closure since April 24 which means cases have been ongoing for over a month.
Amazon reports that the partial closures have not lead to delays in service.
When Peel Public Health issues a closure of a business it happens because five or more people at the workplace have tested positive for COVID-19 within a period of 14 days. A partial closure means that a specific shift or particular work space has been shut down.
These partial closures will continue until the health department determines that it safe to re-open and that the risk of spreading the virus has been eliminated.
- Two Brampton and Caledon Amazon fulfillment centres partially closed by health department
- BREAKING: Peel Public Health orders closures of Amazon facilities in Brampton and Caledon
- CLOSURE: Amazon warehouses in Mississauga and Brampton closed due to COVID-19
- CLOSURES: Five more workplaces in Mississauga and Brampton partially closed over COVID-19
- Peel Public Health has shut down three more businesses in Mississauga
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Thunderstorms with hail expected in Hamilton and Niagara