All DriveTest centres in Ontario closing due to COVID-19
Based on the advice of Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, the province announced today that all full-time DriveTest Centres and part-time Travel Point locations will be closing.
The closures, which take effect starting Monday, March 23, will last until further notice.
“The decision to close was the result of a mutual agreement between the government and service provider,” the province says.
“Ontarians can rest assured they will not lose their current driver’s licences due to this decision and no driver’s licence applicants will lose test fees as a result of the closures.”
Additionally, the current “Fail to Keep Appointment” penalty fee will also be waived.
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising