Air Canada reopening Maple Leaf Lounges
Air Canada has announced it will be gradually reopening its Maple Leaf Lounges in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver, albeit with added biosafety protocols
The airline's Toronto lounge is scheduled to reopen to eligible customers travelling international and domestically today (July 24), while lounges in the airports in Montreal and Vancouver are scheduled to reopen in the coming weeks.
“We are pleased to welcome eligible customers again to one of our Maple Leaf Lounges at our primary Toronto Pearson hub. The Maple Leaf Lounge experience has been completely re-thought with a range of industry-leading biosafety measures in place for the safety of customers and employees alike. We are introducing electrostatic spraying in our Lounges as part of our significantly enhanced cleaning procedures for additional peace of mind, and launching new touchless processes, such as the ability to order pre-packaged food directly to your seat from your smartphone," Andrew Yiu, vice president of Product for Air Canada, said in a news release.
"When the Air Canada Cafe reopens later this year, customers will also benefit from touchless self-entry, a process which we are looking to implement at other lounges. We will progressively re-open other Maple Leaf Lounges throughout our network starting with Montreal Trudeau Airport and Vancouver International Airport by early fall in time for the expected resumption of more business travel,” he continued.
In order to ensure passengers can access the lounge safely, additional biosafety protocols will be in place, including: mandatory face coverings for customers and employees, plexiglass partitions at welcome desks, food and refreshments pre-packaged to-go and a modified assisted beverage service.
Additionally, to improve passenger safety, attendants will continuously clean lounge seating and restrooms, and enhance cleaning measures including using electrostatic units and medical grade disinfectants.
Further, new lounge services will also offer several touchless features, including presentation of all reading materials in digital format through PressReader.
Cover photo courtesy of Air Canada via Instagram
- Food processor Maple Leaf Foods to pay weekly bonuses to hourly staff
- Maple Leaf launches new line of products that are half meat, and half plant-based products
- Maple Leaf becomes world's first carbon-neutral company
- Top 5 Shisha Lounges in Mississauga
- Maple Leaf Foods CEO speaks out about plane shot down in Iran
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- Canada Post workers self-isolating after outbreak at facility in Mississauga